Title: Keepers of the Zodiac
Author: Sharon Wood
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy
Date Published: September 24, 2012
Do you want a copy of Keepers of the Zodiac? Purchase it on these sites:
The stars have shifted and the Earth is rapidly moving into the throes of chaos.
Four god-like beings known as the Zodiac High Council, send their winged herald, Syrie, out with twelve sealed envelopes.
His mission? To bring a chosen group of thirteen future Zodiac Keepers, including a set of mesmerizing twins, to the Isle of Oriba for training.
Syrie never could have imagined that he would fall in love along the way—ultimately forcing him to choose between betrayal and death.
Keepers of the Zodiac is an enthralling tale of obligatory fate,temporary hope, and impossible love.
10 Things Readers Would Be Surprised To Know About You
1) My favorite smell in the world is a newborn baby’s breath.
2) I am a lip gloss addict. My favorites are by C.O. Bigelow.
3) I am 6 different nationalities that I know of, and I am sure more that I don’t know of.
4) I can read and watch television at the same time and still know what is going on in both.
5) My favorite books and shows are all meant for a teenage audience.
6) I am the great, great granddaughter of Charlie Chan.
7) I dream every single night. Many of the dreams end up coming true in some form.
8) If I didn’t write, I would want to be a teacher or voice over actor.
9) I love dolphins.
10) When I was about 10, someone told me that eating carrots would improve my eyesight. I ate a lot of raw carrots whenever I could. It didn’t work.
Your Writing Process
My writing process is simple. When I am in the writing frame of mind, I sit down to my computer and just type whatever pops into my brain. Once I am done with a chapter, I go back and read it to search for things that I want to delete/change. Once I am satisfied with the chapter, I move on. I continue on the entire book that way. When I am not writing, I will think about the story. I often talk out loud to myself in the car about different plot ideas. I always end up using those ideas somewhere in the story. I also write like I talk. Some people may think that is improper, but I want my stories to seem more relatable.
Top 5 Favorite Books of All Time
These are not in any particular order. I loved Memoirs of A Geisha, The Night Circus, the first book in The Hunger Games trilogy, Water for Elephants, and the first book in the House of Night series. I loved the characters in each of these books. I wanted to know everything about them. My favorite thing about these books is that the authors made me want to go to their worlds. I was able to fully visualize where they were. I was so immersed in the stories, that I wanted to read every single word as not to miss anything. Coming out of their worlds was almost like an out of body experience, or “back in body” experience rather.
Sharon Wood is a married, mother of two boys. She was born and raised in Northern California, and attended college at San Jose State University, where she studied Marketing. A self-proclaimed Disney fanatic, Sharon enjoys collecting Vinylmations and talking about Disney related things to anyone that will listen. Besides writing, she enjoys playing and coaching volleyball, dancing, and reading. Keepers of the Zodiac is her first novel, and she is currently hard at work on the sequel!
Connect with Sharon on the following social networks:
Enter this giveaway for a signed paperback of Keepers of the Zodiac. US/CAN only.a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thanks to Reading Addiction Blog Tours for organizing this event!